Granite is one of the commonly used decorative stones, with rich varieties and diverse colors, highlighting the nobility and elegance of the building. Natural granite is hard and durable and easy to maintain. It is an increasingly popular stone decoration material. The beautiful appearance of granite tiles will not fade over time. So, why are granite tiles so popular? Here is an introduction to the characteristics of granite and the advantages of granite tiles.
Characteristics of granite:
1. With good decorative performance, it can be used for public places and outdoor decoration.
2. It has excellent processing performance: sawing, cutting, polishing, drilling, engraving, etc. The processing accuracy is less than 0.5um, and the brightness is greater than 1600.
3. The wear resistance is 5-10 times higher than that of cast iron.
4. The coefficient of thermal expansion is small, it is not easy to deform, and is less affected by temperature.
5. The modulus of elasticity is higher than that of cast iron.
6. Good rigidity, large internal damping coefficient, 15 times larger than steel. Shockproof and shock absorption.
7. The granite is brittle and only partly falls off after damage, which does not affect the overall flatness.
8. Granite has stable chemical properties, is not easy to weather, and can resist acid, alkali and corrosive gas. Its chemical properties are proportional to the silica content, and the service life can reach about 200 years.
9. Granite is non-conductive and non-magnetic, and its magnetic field is stable. Granite also has the characteristics of high bearing capacity, high compressive strength, and good grinding toughness. Granite is also easy to cut and shape, which can be used to make thin and large slabs. In short, granite has super durability.
Advantages of granite tiles:
1. Granite tiles have high density, high hardness, and strong surface wear resistance, which reduces the possibility of holding dirt to a certain extent. The results show that among all the materials that can be used for outdoor ground, granite has good antibacterial regeneration ability.
2. Granite tiles are natural stones, which have a history of hundreds of years around the world, but they have only been used for home decoration for nearly 40 years. Compared with other products, the durability of granite tiles will make it the most affordable choice.
3. Granite has a wonderful color change, which cannot be imitated by artificial products. It can create a personalized style. If you look closely, you will find that the color of the granite tiles will change with the light in the room.
4. Granite tiles are easy to maintain and can generally be cleaned with soapy water. Because the stone has fine particles and small pores, it is not easy to stain. Once sealed or polished, granite can be very waterproof. Seal it from the beginning every 1-3 years, and remove the surface stains in time to restore it to its original state. The maintenance method is very simple.